Saturday, December 24, 2011
I made these delicious buttery and so easy butter cookies that uses a cookie press. I have a vintage press, that you can actually buy in several of places these days, such as ebay, or even a flea market. I prefer these vintage ones to any newer ones made today.
But getting back to the cookies, it's only 4 ingredients, butter, sugar, flour and salt. So simple, yet so good.
Perfect for those last minute Christmas cookie for Santa tonight!
Butter Cookies ( for a cookie press)
(Note: I halved this recipe below and it made 4 1/2 dozen cookies)
1 lb. butter, unsalted at room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 cups AP flour ( 18 ozs.)
Preheat oven to 375.
1. Beat butter and sugar til light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the salt and flour, mixing til well blended.
3. Fill the cookie press with as much dough as will fit and press each cookie onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with colored sprinkles.
4. Bake for approx. 10 minutes, depending on how hot your oven gets. This baking time may take a little longer or less time. The cookies should be lightly brown along the edges but not too dark.
5. Cool on wire rack, then enjoy!