Another hectic weekend is behind me, (which is why I don't have any step by step photos for making this recipe. Sorry).
This raspberry bar is similar to this one I made the other day but without the chocolate. It also uses oatmeal and almonds. The only change I made was to use more raspberry jam than the original recipe called for. It just didn't look like enough when I spread it over the crust base.
It came out really good. The almonds and oatmeal in the base gave it nice texture.
I was thinking that maybe the addition of a little peanut butter with the raspberry jam might morph it into peanut butter and jelly bars..hmm. Maybe next time!
Raspberry Jam Bars
1 cup AP flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
8 tbsp. unsalted butter- room temp.
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1/2 cup old fashioned oats not instant)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
4 heaping tbsp. seedless raspberry jam ( I used a little more)
Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8" square pan with foil, extending enough for an overhang.
1.Cream butter and sugar together til light and fluffy.
2. Stir in the vanilla or almond extract.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt and baking soda and stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Stir in the oats and almonds.
5. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture and press the remaining onto the bottom of your prepared pan.
6. Dollop the jam over the top and spread to within 1/2" of the sides.
7. Crumble the reserved oat mixture over the top.
7. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or til the top is golden and the jam is lightly bubbling.
8. Place pan onto a wire rack to cool, then lift out of the pan and cool completely before cutting.