Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pecan Pie..and others

What I thought was going to be a relaxing day of pie baking today turned into a rather stressful day. I had a few special orders for pies, one being pecan pie. Now, I love pecan pie, love it so much in fact that I don't dare make it because..well, it could get downright dangerous, having that gooey crunchy nutty flaky goodness anywhere near me! But since I hadn't baked one in a while I thought I'd hone my pecan pie baking skills by baking up a sample one last night.
Remembering the latest Throwdown I watched involving Bobby Flay and Pioneer Woman, I chose her pie recipe to make. It did win over Bobby's dessert, after all!
Well, mine turned out great. ( Even though I am embarrased to admit I forgot to add the eggs til after I dumped the whole mess into the pie shell. Ever try to scoop out wet goopy filling? Not pretty!)
And doesn't this always happen? You make something for your family and it comes out great, and then you make the very same thing for someone else and it just gets messed up..or burns..or overbakes..or doesn't ever seem to bake! Well, I think you get the idea.
So that's where the stress came in. The pecan pie I baked today just needed more and more time and still seemed too jiggly..but in the end, all turned out fine. The jiggling stopped as the pie cooled and all was well.
So if you need a last minute pecan pie recipe this one's a great one. But there has to be a better way to cover the crust than with foil that WON"T stay in place!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
One of each Apple Crumb, Pumpkin and Pecan Pies..oh my!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails