They have a really buttery flavor and the finely chopped toasted pecans add a nice texture and taste. Or, how about substituting hazelnuts for the pecans and add a chocolate filling?! They are quite delicate so if you're packing them up for Holiday gift cookies keep that in mind!
Give 'em a try...and let me know what you think!
Put butter and sugar in mixer and beat til pale and fluffy.
Mix in vanilla and gradually mix in flour, salt and pecans.
1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups AP flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. whole milk
1. Put butter and sugar into mixer bowl and mix on medium high til pale and fluffy.
2. Mix in vanilla. With speed on low, gradually mix in flour, salt and pecans.
3. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 325. Shape dough into 1 1/4" balls.
5. Place on parchment lined sheets, spacing 2" apart. Press each cookie with your thumb.
6. Bake 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and press centers with the end of a wooden spoon.
8. Return cookies to oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Cool completely on sheets.
9. Stir together confectioners sugar and milk and add tint to make pink color.
10.Fill centers with icing. Let set overnight.