Thursday, December 23, 2010

Maple Walnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe is one of the others I pulled out of my old recipe file along with the potato chip cookie from my last post. I hadn't made this cookie before..I'd have remembered this one!

This cookie has crisp edges and a wonderful chewy center and they get nice and crackly on top. You can really taste the maple syrup and with the brown sugar it really brings out the flavor...just remember to use a good quality maple syrup..and, please, not pancake syrup!
I wanted to try chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips called for in the original recipe so I divided the dough in half and put half chocolate and half white chocolate. But now that I tasted both..I can't decide. I love them both!
There's little butter in these, too, which is always a good thing!
Oh and..sorry about the different first picture. When I began this post and looked over my photos I realized I never took a final "pretty" shot. Too late..cookies all gone!


These are easy to make, too. Just beat the butter, sugar and syrup til well incorporated.

Add the egg and vanilla and beat til smooth.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and add to the creamed mixture.
Then stir the chips and nuts in by hand or briefly in your mixer.


Drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet and flatten slightly.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or til top appears crackled and the center is still a little moist.

Maple Walnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approx. 2 dozen cookies
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar ( I used light)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla ( or maple extract
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts ( I used toasted walnuts)
****************************************
Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet with veg. oil spray.
1. In mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and maple syrup til well incorporated.
2. Add the egg and vanilla and beat til smooth, scraping bottom and sides of bowl with spatula.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and add to creamed butter mixture.
4. Stir in the chips and walnuts by hand or briefly in your mixer.
5. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto the greased baking sheet spacing 3" apart and flatten each slightly.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or til tops appear crackled and the center is still a little moist.
Note: You don't want to overbake them because they may get too dry and you want to keep that nice chewy center.
7. Let them cool just long enough on the baking sheet til you can transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails