Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wicked Good Pumpkin Whoopie Pies !!


Yes, I know it's the middle of summer and pumpkin should not be on anyone's mind right now but I just felt like it, okay ?!! So after making the chocolate whoopie pies last week I remembered these wicked pumpkin whoopie pies I made last fall and how amazingly good they were. I also had some mascarpone cheese in the fridge that I hadn't used yet so I replaced the cream cheese called for in the recipe and used the mascarpone...yikes it's good !! I also added a tiny bit of cloves. I like lots of spice flavor with pumpkin.

It reminded me of Ina Garten's recipe for pumpkin rouladehttp://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/pumpkin-roulade-with-ginger-buttercream-recipe/index.html that I made at Christmas last year... fabulous!! But a whole lot easier !So, I urge you to give it a try, winter, spring, summer or fall! You will thank me...really!!
The cookie:
3 cups A.P. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin puree
2 lg. eggs
1 cup canola oil
2 cups light brown sugar
2 tbsp. molasses
Preheat oven to 350. Grease sheet pans.
Beat pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar and oil til fluffy.
In med. bowl, combine dry ingredients.
Add molasses and dry ingredients to wet mixture and beat on low til well blended.
Scoop lg. rounded spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet spacing 2" apart.
Bake 10 - 13 minutes or til the tops spring back when touched.
Filling:
6 oz. cream cheese ( I used mascarpone cheese).
1/4 cup unsalted butter - softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
4 tbsp. marshmallow creme
2 tsp. water
Combine all ingredients in a med. bowl. Beat til fluffy. When pies have cooled, place a scoop of filling onto one pie and top with second. Wicked Good !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails