1 cup sliced almonds-toasted
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter- room temp.
1/2 cup molasses
3 cups AP flour
1/2 tbsp. baking powder
3 tsp. gr. ginger
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350.
1. Rough chop almonds.
2. Beat sugar, butter and molasses til smooth.
3. Add eggs, one at a time.
4. In med. bowl, combine flour, baking powder and spices.
5. Add flour mix. to wet ingredients. Stir to blend.
6. Stir in almonds.
7. Scoop dough onto baking sheet and pat into 2 logs ( or 4 logs for smaller biscotti).
8. Make logs - 2" x 1/2" thick.
9. Bake 18-20 minutes.
10. Let cool and rebake 15-18 minutes, turning halfway through.
11. If drizzling with chocolate, melt white chocolate chips in double boiler and drizzle over completely cooled biscotti.
These biscotti will keep well in an air tight container for a week or two...if they last that long!