Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend of Baking

The 2 cookies...one with tons of chips and flatter, the other nice and chewy with good chip to dough ratio.

See the difference in the thicknesses of both.

Just the beginning of a long baking weekend! Blondies, oatmeal raisin and snickerdoodles...oh my!!


Whew!! What a weekend of baking!! I couldn't even imagine how I would get through ( and survive! ) this long holiday weekend with all the baking I needed to do! My usual bake"athon" on Friday is now doubled due to the second farmers market that just began in Wrightstown Saturday. Now I have to bake for 2 markets on Saturdays and I'm not complaining...really!!...but it is a lot of work for one baker and one oven in one tiny kitchen!!



So what do I decide to do? I decided to try out 2 new chocolate chip cookie recipes because I have this crazy idea that somewhere out there is yet another better recipe than the one I am currently using. With that in mind I decided to try one that yielded a flat cookie with, in my opinion, way too many chips in the batter and the second...and my winning choice....a fatter cookie that had a batter that was so quick and easy to prepare. And the cookie was wonderful, chewy and crunchy and although it calls for chocolate chunks, I used chips and they were great!( And yes, I tried the New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie but it's a bit too involved) So I baked and baked and baked some more...enough for 3 farmers markets and an auction on Monday!! Yes, I need to rest, myself and my oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails