Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Busy Week

Caramel Corn ( recipe below)

Blondies and cookies ready for delivery


The artist's studio with walls covered in broken tiles...really amazing!!

A favorite photo of mine looking out the window of Carolyn's studio. This photo has a painting like quality.



I can't believe a week has gone by already since I last posted on this blog! Yikes...where did the time go? The week was filled with so much, between baking for a local coffee shop in Peddlar's Village in Lahaska for the Strawberry Festival this weekend, visiting an artist's studio and preparing for 2 farmers markets. On the subject of the farmers markets, I decided to add some other items to my usual line up of cookie, scones, brownies and blondies. I have added Caramel Corn, Granola, small loaf cakes and my dip mixes.


Carolyn, the artist I visited, lives on the most beautiful property with her husband, a landscape architect. Together they have a business, Fringetree, but she also is a printmaker and uses plants to create prints and pottery. There is an Artist Studio Tour there next weekend, which I look forward to attending and I am happy to be baking 300 bite sized cookies also for the tour!


The Caramel Corn is an old recipe I got from a friend about 25 years ago. It uses margarine and it's been such a long time since I've made it that I can't remember if I actually used margarine or butter but I think either way, it's great. Give it a try...I added small pretzel balls and peanuts to the recipe.

Caramel Corn Recipe:
8 qts. popped corn
1/2 cup white karo syrup
2 cups lt. brown sugar
2 sticks margarine
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Bring syrup,brown sugar and margarine to boil and boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda,salt and vanilla. Put popped corn,(peanuts and pretzels if using) in large roasting pan and pour syrup mixture over corn. Stir with wooden spoon to mix well. Bake 1 hour in a 250 oven stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool , then put into containers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails