Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back from Brimfield

No sooner did I get back from Brimfield, very late Thursday night, that I had to get to baking Friday for today's Farmer's Market. But, hey, it's what I do..my choice, right? And in the time I've been back I managed to make a few not so good recipes. One was a pound cake called "The Million Dollar Pound Cake" which I'm retitling "The One Dollar Pound Cake". No, it did not turn out well, at all! Although the flavor was great, the texture was dense and heavy. I'll be trying another pound cake recipe soon!
But getting back to our trip. It was fun, the weather was good and the place was very crowded, which was good to see that people are out and shopping.

I had a great time walking around, looking for some interesting objects to photograph.
I went into one woman's booth and asked her if she minded that I took pictures of some of her items for my blog. She stared at me blankly for a few seconds, then said in a very friendly tone, " No, I sure don't mind but..what's a blog?" I thought that was funny! Her antiques are the 2 photos above.

I love outdoor garden furniture and if we'd had more room in the van, I would have broken down and bought a garden bench. I've been looking for just the right one for a while now. This one's the kind I love. All weathered with chipped paint and rust..gotta love the rust!
I loved these chairs, all piled up in the van, waiting to come out and be scooped up by some lucky buyer. It makes a neat photo, kind of a chair sculpture!


And then there are the little things in boxes, baskets, bowls or just thrown about.
So, we had a great time, had a nice break..but now..back to baking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails