Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bucks County on a Saturday in Carversville

Whenever I leave the house without my camera, I get that nagging feeling I'm going to see a perfect opportunity to photograph something wonderful and kick myself for not bringing along the camera. I mean, there's so much beauty in this county at every turn, with the old red barns, golden fields, farm animals and stone farmhouses, just to name a few photo worthy views. I think back to the time I was coming home from a Sunday market and were rerouted through a back country road when, seemingly, out of nowhere, a huge group of pigs..yes pigs.. crossed the road right in front of me! Where they came from and where they were going is still a mystery to me! It was such a funny site to see, but, no camera!

Well, after the farmer's market on Saturday I thought I'd take a ride to Carversville where they were having their annual Carversville Day. And there was a cookie contest going on which I couldn't pass up!
Carversville is a delightful and charming historic village and full of the most wonderful old houses. It's a step back in time, a quiet and peaceful area if there ever was one.
I strolled through the day's event, heard the announcer ( Noel Barrett..you would know him as the toy expert from the famous Antiques Roadshow on PBS) call the names of the winning cookies, then decided I needed to see more of this beautiful village.
The photos of the houses are along the main street. The house above has a sign that reads " Justice of the Peace". There seem to be quite a few empty looking houses but many are being lovingly restored by people who truly love and appreciate older homes.


I loved the American flag in the downstairs window of this house. The house has so much character and is one of the homes being worked on.

This to me is a typical Bucks County scene with the beautiful gardens and the stucco over stone farmhouse.

One of the many old red barns that are everwhere. I loved the lanterns strung across the yard, some just hanging bulbs!




This is the Carversville Inn.



I loved this old stone house. I don't think anyone lives in it as it's really overgrown. A beautiful front door.


Well, I just thought I'd share some of the area where I live.
Sometimes, I think about other places to move to that may be more exciting or interesting but there's so much to appreciate right here. What's the expression.. "Bloom where you're planted"!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails