Friday, July 2, 2010

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Blondies

I came across this recipe last night and although I have a great blondie recipe I make quite often, I thought it would be fun to try something different.
The recipe comes from Rachel Allen. She has a show, apparently, on the Cooking Channel called "Bake!" I'd never heard of her before I stumbled upon this blondie recipe but I checked out some of her other recipes and they sound worth trying, too..another time!

This blondie has chopped white chocolate in it but I made mine with white chocolate chips because I didn't want to waste my good white chocolate if the recipe didn't turn out well. That makes sense, right!? After I had put it all together, I got to thinking that dark chocolate with the peanut butter may have been a better choice so next time I make it, I'll replace the white chocolate with semisweet chocolate.
The blondie is really very good. It's nice and moist and the peanut butter taste isn't too overwhelming. I only had dark brown sugar, rather than light brown, but I don't think it made much of a difference.

It goes together in only a few steps so it's a quick and easy recipe, too!
Just spread it out into an 8" x 8" pan lined with parchment paper.

And bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or til a toothpick comes out clean.
Let it cool in the pan about an hour, then lift it out...


And cut into sizes you'd like.


Peanut Butter White Chocolate Blondie ( adapted from Rachel Allen)
7 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp.
4 1/2 oz. AP flour
1 tsp. baking powder
5 oz. crunchy peanut butter ( I didn't have this so I used creamy)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
3 oz. white chocolate , chopped

Preheat oven to 325. Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper.
1. Beat butter and peanut butter til light and creamy.
2. Add vanilla.
3. Add sugar and egg and beat til light and creamy.
4. Stir in chopped white chocolate.
5. Sift in flour and baking powder.
6. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake 25 - 30 minutes or til a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow blondies to cool in the pan at least an hour, then lift out and cut into squares or rectangles.


2 comments:

  1. Along with Bake on the Cooking Channel, Rachel's has another show, Favorite Food at Home, which is currently airing on PBS stations around the country. This show is a tie-in to her recently published book, Favorite Food at Home which is available in bookstores now.

    Kerrygold is giving away 10,000 Rachel Allen eCookbooks:

    Site: http://www.harpercollins.com/feature/kerrygold/

    Redemption Code: KGLD-0319-2010-RACB

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails