Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rhubarb still available...Yeah!!




I am embarrassed to admit that I have never made, and barely ever eaten, rhubarb...yes, it's true. I seem to recall a rhubarb pie my brother brought over to us one summer holiday. It was from some obscure bakery and I remember it as being overly sweet and the rhubarb was mushy. Well, as promised my "neighbor" (at the Saucon Valley Farmer's Market in Hellertown) Happy Farm http://agmap.psu.edu/Businesses/2564 from Kitnersville gave me some beautiful, fresh, just picked straight from the garden this afternoon... rhubarb! Can't get any fresher than that. According to Mary, farmers don't bring it to market once summer begins but it's still very much growing in the gardens and available. Guess the farmers are just too busy harvesting other crops for market...I don't know.. but I have it and I'm going to make something. Just not sure what!


So, I looked up some info on it and for now, decided to freeze it.Well maybe most of it. It's supposed to freeze very well. Of course, I'm thinking cookies but rhubarb cookies..hmm.. not really liking the idea but, stay tuned and we'll see what I can come up with. A great site to check out for all things rhubarb is Savor the Rhubarb I've still got that patty pan squash from yesterday to tackle! Hmm.. thinking patty pan squash cookies...Just kidding!! (Thanks Mary and Jean!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails