Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Cookies





I have been wanting to try the recipe for these cookies I saw in Cook's Illustrated Jan/Feb 2009 issue for a while now and last weekend I gave it a try. Let me just first admit, shamedly, that I am one of those bakers that never weighs the ingredients. Yup, that's right. Even given that I am a devoted fan of Alton Brown...who weighs everything!! I was still to lazy and, of course, couldn't until I just recently got a scale anyway. Well, I digress. So as I was saying, I made these cookies last weekend and they didn't come out like the photo in the mag. I did everything right!! I weighed everything exactly and they still came out a bit like hockey pucks in the size and shape but they did taste good. And the recipe called for Dutch-processed cocoa powder, which I used. The weird thing is that I recieved a call from a store that is nice enough to carry my cookies, etc. and they actually said they liked them so much that they wanted to order more to give to someone!! So much for my opinion. So, I'd love to hear from others who have baked these to see if it's me ...or what's up with these!? Because CI doesn't allow their recipes to be posted, you'll have to get your hands on an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails