Keep in mind, this is only my opinion and I'm sure many of you will love it! So give it a try and get back to me on your opinion. I'd love to know what you think.
I just had another idea, dried cherries would be great with the chocolate chips, too!
1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/4" dice.
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In a small bowl, mix the oats with the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium speed til it's light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed til blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
4. Beat in the oats mixture at low speed til it's just incorporated.
5. Using a large spatula, fold in the toasted pecans, chocolate chips and dried apricots.
6. Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto 2 baking sheets, lined with parchment paper, spacing them 1 1/2" apart.
7. Bake for about 16 minutes, til lightly browned, rotating pans and shifting from top to bottom, halfway through.
8. Cool cookies on sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.